COMMUNICATIONS INTERN AT HAN VALK FUNDRAISING CONSULTANCY
Are you a hands-on creative thinker with an eye for engaging visuals, a pen for insightful content and a passion for positive change? Do you want to become a part of an enthusiastic team of fundraisers and work in an environment that supports real impact? Come and join our team! We are now looking for a part-time Communications Intern to join our office in Gouda, The Netherlands.
About Han Valk Fundraising Consultancy (HVFC)
Our mission is to provide consultancy support for organizations whose missions we believe in – to accelerate business performance and work towards achieving sustainable development goals. We support clients around the world to enhance their networking and communication strategies and raise more funding for their causes.
We are based in Gouda, the Netherlands and in Washington D.C, USA. Our international team of experienced consultants provides our partners in 25 countries with the best tools and knowledge available to increase their impact.
As Communications Intern, you will join our European Office and work under the supervision of the Communications Manager. You will be responsible for the following:
- Producing insightful content with a clear focus on the NGO and fundraising sector;
- Supporting the development and distribution of internal and external communications deliverables, such as newsletters, updates, website content, proposals etc.;
- Assisting in the management of our social media channels on a daily basis, including regular monitoring, statistics and recommendations to increase engagement;
- Driving brand awareness and trust through continuous engagement with target groups;
- Co-creating effective and innovative communications and promotional materials and strategies;
- Assisting in the planning and organization of events.
- Enrolled in a marketing and communications degree;
- Keen interest for International Development, Fundraising or the NGO sector;
- Strong communicator with analytical and organizational skills;
- An eye for engaging visuals and an experience with graphic design software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus);
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and trends;
- Familiar with web design and SEO;
- Impact- and results-driven;
- Excellent intercultural communication skills;
- Experience and/or interest working with international teams in different time zones;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities and timelines across multiple projects;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent (near) native written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of video making and editing is a plus.
The position will preferably start mid-April (latest early May).
What is offered
- A stimulating position within a multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
- An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
- An internship agreement with HVFC for a period of 6 months. We cover travel costs – if relevant – and offer you a 500 euro per month gross compensation based on a full-time position. There is the potential for extension of the contract into a junior position. Fewer hours can also be considered.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume in English to Claire Barthet, at email@example.com before March 8, 2020, midnight (Central European time). Please mention the name of the position in the subject line.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands – or willing to relocate – and who have a valid residence and work permit in the country.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
STEP UP YOUR
Receive regular updates, insights and opportunities on the Dutch and US fundraising market.
NGO & Fundraising Opportunities
TERMS & CONDITIONS