Fundraiser Institutional Donors at VSO
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Do you want to work on a fair world for everyone? A world where everyone has equal opportunities, regardless of origin, gender, religion or orientation? VSO is an international development organisation with offices in 23 countries. Together with local partners, we identify local development issues and solutions. Thanks to the commitment and knowledge of local and international volunteers, our programmes create lasting change in places where it is most needed. Last year, we reached 4.5 million people with our “Volunteering for Development” approach, giving them access to good healthcare, quality education and an adequate income.
In this position you are responsible for developing our relationships with institutional donors and foundations. Your primary focus will be on European donors, for example the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NL), the European Union, trusts & foundations and other governments. VSO is working on an ambitious growth strategy. We want to strengthen our impact in the areas of education, health and livelihoods, and that requires stronger relationships with important donors. Your duties:
Develop a fundraising strategy
- Draw up a strategy for new funding opportunities, based on an analysis of donor policy and relevant developments.
- Advise on how VSO can position itself in Europe and in our programme countries in order to make good use of opportunities and monitor and/or influence donor policy.
Build a strong relationship with donors and partners
- Build and maintain relationships with important contacts within donor organisations. Support and advise others within VSO regarding relationship management.
- Establish cooperation agreements with strategic partners regarding funding opportunities. Maintain relevant networks
Develop winning proposals
- Initiate and direct the internal “bid process” in order to arrive at high quality funding proposals. You also monitor the decision-making regarding go / no go decisions.
- Contribute to the preparation of financing applications. Ensure applications meet all relevant donor criteria.
Manage the relation
- You ensure that the donor’s financial and other guidelines are properly implemented, in collaboration with financial colleagues. Timely and adequate reporting is ensured.
You will work within the enthusiastic team of VSO Netherlands (25 colleagues) in Utrecht. You are also part of the international Institutional Donors Partnerships Team (IDPT) of VSO International. Colleagues in this team work across our offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Africa and Asia. In the Netherlands, you work with two colleagues who are in a similar role. You will report to the director of VSO NL and there is a matrix line with the team lead of the IDPT of VSO International. You work directly with colleagues in our country offices.
- You are ambitious and find it a challenge to realise VSO’s growth ambition.
- You have successfully secured larger funds with institutional donors and funds in a previous role.
- You have excellent knowledge of and experience with the requirements and methods of (institutional) donors in the field of development cooperation.
- You are strong in building relationships. You easily enter into new contacts and you pay attention to careful follow-up in relationship management.
- You are good at negotiating with (international) partners about cooperation in consortia and with joint funding applications.
- You have excellent communication skills, are persuasive and easily create support for your ideas.
- You are a team player who can also boost and drive teams.
- You have a high degree of organisational sensitivity and can work well with people from different backgrounds.
- You work easily under pressure and are able to manage tight deadlines.
- Relevant prior education at HBO + / academic level.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of donor management and institutional fundraising in the context of international cooperation.
- Strong affinity with VSO’s mission and vision.
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably also German (oral and written).
- Willing to travel several times a year to our programme countries in Africa and Asia (if circumstances permit).
- Excellent working conditions; Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work.
- Salary: depending on experience, scale 10, maximum € 4,712 based on 36 hours.
- A monthly accrued individual budget (IKB); made up of 18% of the gross salary.
- A personal training budget.
- Possibility to work (partly) from home.
- Good coffee and fresh fruit!
Are you enthusiastic about this role and do you meet our profile, do not hesitate and apply immediately! Mail your motivation and CV in English no later than October 12, 2020, stating: vacancy Fundraiser Institutional Donors to Anita van Dijk: email@example.com. If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lara Hager, fundraiser institutional donors or Erik Ackerman, director VSO NL: 030 2320600. The interviews will take place on 15 or 16 October (first round) and 23 or 26 October (second round).
VSO is located in Het Nieuwe Kantoor (HNK), an inspiring and contemporary environment within walking distance of Utrecht CS.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
STEP UP YOUR
Receive regular updates, insights and opportunities on the Dutch and US fundraising market.
NGO & Fundraising Opportunities
2805 JC Gouda