Website The Foundation for Art & Healing
The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) is experiencing rapid growth with the launch of new programs to support its two core initiatives, The UnLonely Project and Black Health and the Arts. We are pleased to announce an immediate opening for a Director of Development specializing in grants and sponsorship, with 10-15 years of experience and a proven track record of success.
The Director of Development will play an important role researching, identifying, and securing funding of the foundation’s programs through grants and sponsorships. The Director of Development will create an efficient and effective work-flow with the Foundation’s President and the Finance and Program Departments. Successful candidates will have a strong record of securing new grant funds from foundations, corporations and government agencies, as well as in renewing grant support.
The Director of Development will report to the Foundation’s President and will be part of a small but dynamic team spearheaded by the President. In addition to superlative writing skills, we are looking for a candidate with strong project management, relationship building, communication, and organizational skills who will be comfortable working directly with prospects and client organizations and serving as a representative of the foundation.
The position is New York City-based, with in-person meetings in New York City, but also offers the flexibility to work remotely via Zoom calls and similar.
An interest in creative arts, community health, and wellness and wellbeing initiatives that can be taken to scale will greatly impact success in this role.
- Meet or exceed FAH revenue generating goals.
- Assist in developing a strategic framework to guide development efforts.
- Research and identify prospective funders.
- Build a growing network of interested funders and funding contacts, initiating and cultivating relationships with new prospects, and fostering existing relationships with funders and funding parties.
- Manage the tracking of sponsorship and grants requirements and deadlines.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Ensure through effective communication, coordination and actions that relevant staff members and management are informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of financial or budget plans in collaboration with FAH’s Finance Department.
- Provide detailed reports to FAH President and the Board of Directors with respect to the organization’s potential prospects and ongoing development efforts.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience securing new sponsorships, foundation and government funding, with a minimum of 5 years engaged in funding and/or work for health-related missions.
- Demonstrated track record of success in major foundation grants and corporate sponsorship procurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree or higher educational achievement preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Possess strong “virtual environment” organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite and G-Suite, and ease with online environments and online communication.
- Ability to perform in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets and corroborating financial reporting.
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The position is part-time, but may grow into a full-time assignment in the future.
Please submit as one file, in PDF:
- Your CV
- Cover Letter
- Answers to following application questions:
- How did you find out about this position?
- Why are you interested in the work of the Foundation for Art & Healing?
- What is the most significant funding amount that you personally secured, and how did you do it?
Submit to: email@example.com. Please put Director of Development in the subject line and save your file with your full name.
Only completed applications will be considered.
There is no deadline for this recruitment.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified of their standing in the recruitment.
For questions and/or more information, you are welcome to contact Naomi Nobel firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation for Art & Healing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com