Website IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Are you ready to bring about a positive change with us and to make sustainable trade possible? Are you an experienced networker with a track record in building and deepening international partnerships? Can you bring structure to our global fundraising work? Are you the team-player that can help us deliver on results? Then you are the Senior Manager International Partnerships and Fundraising we are looking for.
IDH is working with a group of committed national and international partners. Currently, the majority of IDH’s funding comes from three core donors (BUZA, SECO and DANIDA) and contributions from private partners. Within our multi-year plan 2021-2025, we are in the process of broadening the funding base by fundraising from new donors. The Manager International Partnerships and Fundraising (IPF) will play a crucial role in further developing, coordinating and implementing the fundraising strategy throughout the Business Units and country offices and work with the team on donor account management, thus ensuring a diversified and secure funding base for IDH in the coming years.
As part of the International Partnerships & Fundraising team, you report to the Head of International Partnerships & Fundraising and work in close collaboration with the senior officer and (senior) managers in the team. Our team liaises closely with the Business Unit teams, country offices and the relevant colleagues of the other business support teams in the IDH headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will be based in Brussels (Belgium) or Utrecht (Netherlands).
As IPF Senior Manager you are responsible for:
The development of fundraising capacity
- Further develop internal mainstreaming of fundraising activities in IDHs Business Units and Operational teams in the headquarter and in country offices abroad by overall support, training, ensuring quality of proposals, use of management systems, and concrete follow-up
- Coordinating proposal development and proposal writing for overarching business unit or country office funding opportunities, working closely with program directors and teams, external partners and consultants
- Supporting the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy
- Supporting the development, evolution, and monitoring of the IDH funding model
Relationship management, organizing key-accounts and knowledge management
- Identify, assess and research prospective donors with the aim of identifying relevant funds to strengthen existing programs and develop new ones
- Develop internal depositories and knowledge management systems related to fundraising
- Further mainstream the use of reporting tools and streamline centralized (Salesforce) approval and reporting flows accordingly
- Development of effective relations with (potential) core donors, such as European governments and EU institutions, and the expansion of the IDH network and donor base, contributing to the further strategic development of IDH
- Managing one or more key accounts, ensuring donor organization-wide engagement and accountability
What you bring
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record in fundraising, effective stakeholder management and building international partnerships
- Strong networks in the public and private donor field, including European governments, the EU, relevant international organizations, and private foundations
- Strong relationship management and skills aimed at building partnerships, influencing and networking, excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbally
- Good understanding of the current thinking in international development and sustainable business evolutions
- Knowledge of sustainability, international trade, supply chains and/or agricultural commodities.
- Experience in reporting and fundraising management tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch. German is a plus, additional languages welcome
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is fulltime. We offer an employment contract for one year with the possibility of extension, a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Els Haelterman (Head of International Partnerships and Fundraising): firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 470 20 24 50 with any question about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/170533/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by November 30, 2020.
Candidates should be EU nationals and have permission to work in the Netherlands or Belgium.
To apply for this job please visit idhtrade.inhroffice.com.