Website Upwardly Global
12 weeks with possibility of extension
About the Organization
Over the years, Upwardly Global has supported thousands of foreign-born skilled job seekers in transitioning from poverty or exclusion to quality, thriving-wage careers through its customized program and holistic approach to integrating skilled immigrants into the US job market. Upwardly Global is a data-driven, innovative organization with a bold vision and a fearless spirit operating out of four major US markets and providing remote services to several parts of the country. It is unwavering in its commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture where every voice matters.
Upwardly Global (UpGlo) seeks a part-time, contract-based role to provide consultant services and support with the tasks, associated with the fulfillment of an annual institutional fundraising goal of roughly $5M (inclusive of corporate, foundation and government grants).
The Institutional Giving Consultant (IGC) will report to the Institutional Giving Manager with a dotted line to VP of Advancement and Sr. Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships. In addition, the IGC will work closely with the Budget and Compliance Grants Manager, the Development Team, and Program Team leadership across Upwardly Global’s regional offices. The ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced, pro-active and passionate Institutional Giving professional with a proven record of writing successful grant proposals to a range of donors and demonstrated interest in workforce development and immigration/refugee issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1) Prospecting, Research and Opportunity Evaluation (50%):
- Conduct ongoing research to build a robust pipeline of opportunities and identify new grant resources including, but not limited to, Corporate, Foundation, Federal, State and Local grant making opportunities that align with and support the Organization’s funding needs and priorities, including:
- General operating support
- Immigrant and refugee services
- Workforce development and reskilling/upskilling
- Diversity/Equity/Inclusion initiatives
- Women’s economic development
- Future of Work and eLearning
- Inclusive post-COVID economic recovery
- Other new priorities as identified by Upwardly Global staff
- Responsible for evaluating and vetting new opportunities identified by other organization staff to assess fit, alignment with priorities, probability, rules and regulations, and to ensure appropriate internal stakeholders’ understanding of and commitment to proposal development and program design processes.
2) Proposal Development and Grant Writing (25%):
- Provide general proposal writing services, including for renewal and new opportunities, including:
- Convening the appropriate program leads and members of the grants management team to support the program design process
- Identifying theory of change (including establishing measurable outcomes and impact metrics in partnership with program leads)
- Facilitating project budget creation
- Assigning staff across departments to various proposal components to ensure timely, high-quality proposal submissions
3) Reporting (25%):
- Support timely, high-quality submissions of interim and final reports to current funders as needed, including assigning staff across departments to various reporting components (including financial reporting) to ensure all required elements are up-to-date and complete.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience in fundraising environment and writing successful grant proposals to a range of donors
- Experience with government grant applications a plus
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Must be technologically proficient with demonstrated excel and database management skills;
- Able to work well in a team environment, work effectively under pressure, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research;
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Flexible work attitude with proven ability to work productively in a team environment & independently
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with proven ability to prioritize projects and follow through with attention to detail and high-level accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively and diplomatically with colleagues across all levels of the organization, including exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact in a multicultural professional environment
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to HR@upwardlyglobal.org with Institutional Giving Consultant in the subject line and include expected hourly rate in the email body.
Provide 2 writing samples e.g. a grant proposal or report or a donor communication.
Group A: Letter of Inquiry/Interest; Request for Application.
- Should be no more than 2 pages and should demonstrate ability to quickly articulate an organization’s mission, history, and alignment with potential funder.
Group B: Proposal; Renewal Request; Interim or Final Report
- Should be at least 3 pages and should demonstrate ability to convey relevant information clearly, including but not limited to program metrics, organizational information, or logic models.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@upwardlyglobal.org