Are you an organised self-starter who can work well in a fast-paced virtual environment? Are you a relationship-builder, focused, and enthusiastic to share the TreeSisters mission?
TreeSisters is a UK registered global charity seeking a Senior Fundraiser to help us develop and implement our fundraising strategy. This crucial role is perfect for a nonprofit veteran who enjoys all elements of fundraising, from grant writing and creative strategy, to major gift delivery and donor retention, systems, events and campaigns.
You are passionate and articulate about our purpose: social change activities, reforestation work, and changing the world. You are empathetic and relational, a clear communicator who can read people well, attract, cultivate and maintain meaningful relationships with prospective donors and utilise systems to track them. You are detail oriented, highly self-motivated and self-managing, likely to thrive when working in a creative, fast-paced, all virtual team environment. Our ideal candidate brings a successful background in fundraising and major gift experience.
We welcome applications from BIPOC. As an organisation we have committed to playing our part in dismantling systemic racism, and making our team and network as inclusive as possible.
- Developing and co-delivering our fundraising strategy.
- Researching, identifying, cultivating and stewarding major donor relationships.
- Securing major gifts and grants from US$5000 upwards with the goal of personally raising $1.5 – $3 M annually.
- Managing and growing our existing portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Designing an effective major gift donor stewardship program.
- Managing the donor database.
- Making direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assisting the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. providing portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Writing grant proposals
- Organising events and fundraising campaigns.
- Developing fundraising programmes to invite targeted sectors into fundraising for TreeSisters.
- Integrating fundraising into all aspects of TreeSisters strategy
- Supporting necessary process, procedures and policies to ensure compliance and alignment with TreeSisters mission, goals and culture.
- Keeping apprised of fundraising best practices and trends.
A personal laptop and high speed internet access are required. Only applicants who are passionate about the environment and who have experience and are highly proficient in the following need apply.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of major gift and fundraising experience, proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships, and securing individual and major gifts to meet objectives.
- Successfully securing grants.
- Event organisation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated, flexible and able to work from home.
- Personal alignment with the TreeSisters mission and values.
- Experience working within a virtual team.
Work Hours, Schedule and Location
- 4 days a week, available to work evenings and early mornings due to timezones.
- £42,000- £48,000 pro-rated
- UK, able to travel throughout UK.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please contact Melanie Blair at email@example.com by 30 November 2020. Please include a cover letter, your resume, three references and their contact information, along with supporting documentation (presentation or press articles) of your fundraising achievements to date.
In your cover letter, please share:
- Why you feel passionate about this position
- Why you feel aligned with the TreeSisters vision and mission
- Why and how your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this position
- The self care practice that supports you in your work
- Your rating out of 10 for the following skills (0 = not skilled, 10 = highly skilled):
- Non profit sector fundraising
- Proven track record of securing grant funding, major gifts and meeting fundraising targets
- Fundraising strategy
- CRM/donor management software skills
- Relationship building and stewarding
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and ability to work from home
- Organised and methodical
- Event organisation skills
- Personal alignment with TreeSisters mission and values
- Experience working within a virtual team
- Non profit sector fundraising
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org